Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/01 17:34:54 UTC

Tests failing over the last day or so

I'll BadApple these four unless there are objections. I know there's
active work being done on the TriggerIntergrationTests, should we
leave those in for the nonce? Or has anything been checked in for
TriggerIntergrationTest (those were from from day before yesterday).

org.apache.solr.cloud.autoscaling.TriggerIntegrationTest.testNodeMarkersRegistration
org.apache.solr.cloud.autoscaling.TriggerIntegrationTest.testSearchRate
org.apache.solr.cloud.hdfs.HdfsRecoveryZkTest
org.apache.solr.cloud.hdfs.HdfsTlogReplayBufferedWhileIndexingTest.test

Windows failures:

I'm inclined to _not_ BadApple these, just ignore them rather than
reduce test coverage for Unix. I'm thinking here that we'll treat
Windows failures as a separate issue, maybe raise a Windows-specific
JIRA? Any other suggestions? As for test failures on Windows that do
_not_ mention filesystem issues for the time being I'll wait until we
get a non-Windows failure before BadApple-ing them.

Dawid suggests the Windows failures may be due to not closing files,
and they're valid in that sense but the files are in the temp
directory so _probably_ not an issue with a live installation.

Could not remove files (spot checking this is indeed a problem with
temp directories):
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.lucene.analysis.core.TestRandomChains
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene50.TestLucene50StoredFieldsFormat
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.lucene.index.TestLongPostings
org.apache.lucene.replicator.IndexReplicationClientTest.testNoUpdateThread
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.lucene.codecs.compressing.TestCompressingTermVectorsFormat
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.cloud.TestTolerantUpdateProcessorRandomCloud
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.schema.TestUseDocValuesAsStored2
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.search.TestGraphTermsQParserPlugin
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.update.SolrCmdDistributorTest
junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.update.processor.TestNamedUpdateProcessors
org.apache.lucene.replicator.IndexReplicationClientTest.testConsistencyOnExceptions

These errors may or may not have anything to do with Windows file systems.

Missing backcompat test files:   6.6.3-cfs   7.2.1-cfs:
org.apache.lucene.index.TestBackwardsCompatibility.testAllVersionsTested

No live SolrServers available:
org.apache.solr.cloud.MoveReplicaHDFSTest.testFailedMove

Something is broken in the assert for no shards using the same
indexDir - probably something was changed in the attributes published
in the MBean of SolrCore:
org.apache.solr.cloud.CollectionsAPIDistributedZkTest.testCollectionsAPI

Timed out waiting for overseer state change:
org.apache.solr.cloud.OverseerRolesTest.testOverseerRole

Erick

Re: Tests failing over the last day or so

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Steve:

It's not a problem as far as I'm concerned that needs immediate
attention so it's fine to get to it "sometime"......

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Ah sorry,

misunderstood. So the RM has to only apply the version update on the release branch. And in master and 7.x after release.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen