Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2011/11/25 19:40:40 UTC

GitHub: Closing pull requests + emails

[Please keep me on the Cc list as I'm not subscribed to infrastructure-dev@]

Jukka suggested I bring this here:

Sounds like we should set up an organization in GitHub, possibly per PMC.

Another bug I noticed was that replies come from an 'apache' user and
don't indicate the email address they're from. The former seems a fair
mis-feature given that it would be hard to map our user system to
theirs, but putting the from address in there seems something that
could be done.

Not sure where this leads, I'm hoping there are people on the list
with expertise/opinions on how this would be done that could go back
into the JIRA item as some way to fix these issues.

Hen

Re: GitHub: Closing pull requests + emails

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 7:40 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2011/11/25 Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>:
>> [Please keep me on the Cc list as I'm not subscribed to infrastructure-dev@]
>>
>> Jukka suggested I bring this here:
>>
>>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4152
>>
>> Sounds like we should set up an organization in GitHub, possibly per PMC.
> IMHO too the way to go but no sure it's the topic of this thread.
>>
>> Another bug I noticed was that replies come from an 'apache' user and
>> don't indicate the email address they're from. The former seems a fair
>> mis-feature given that it would be hard to map our user system to
>> theirs, but putting the from address in there seems something that
>> could be done.
>>
>> Not sure where this leads, I'm hoping there are people on the list
>> with expertise/opinions on how this would be done that could go back
>> into the JIRA item as some way to fix these issues.
> WDYM here ? when a pull request is created on github a jira issue must
> be created @asf jira ?
> If yes not possible :-) at least with github hooks.
> The current jira hook @github handle only transition of jira.

I just mean the JIRA issue above :) I'm not looking for any joining of
GitHub + JIRA, just the permission to close a pull request and a tweak
so people on GitHub know an email came from me.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: GitHub: Closing pull requests + emails

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> wrote:
> [Please keep me on the Cc list as I'm not subscribed to infrastructure-dev@]
>
> Jukka suggested I bring this here:
>
>    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4152
>
> Sounds like we should set up an organization in GitHub, possibly per PMC.

Couldn't we setup a Team per-PMC?

Then we could keep everything under github.com/apache?

I'm not sure what advantages a PMC per org would give over using the
teams feature.