Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.co.uk> on 2006/05/11 00:29:28 UTC

Can I distribute log4j from my Maven repository?

Hi, I'm writing an open source framework which makes use of log4j as logging
framework. May I distribute log4j from my Maven repository, accessible
publicly?

Marco

---
[This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility
to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
currently using to read this email. ]

Re: Can I distribute log4j from my Maven repository?

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
See the Apache Licensing and Distribution FAQ at http://
www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html.  There are publicly
accessible Maven repositories that distribute log4j, so at least
those entities felt they were could distribute log4j through a
publicly accessible Maven repository and adhere to the terms to the
license.  However, if you modified log4j to install spyware and
placed it on your Maven repository as Apache log4j and we'd have a
problem with that.  So we can't give you an blanket answer other than
read the license.