Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/12 21:08:20 UTC

Sparse Data

Can Kudu handle the use case where sparse data is involved? In many of our processes, we deal with data that can have any number of columns and many previously unknown column names depending on what attributes are brought in at the time. Currently, we use HBase to handle this. Since Kudu is based on HBase, can it do the same? Or, do we have to use a map data type column for this?

Thanks,
Ben

Re: Sparse Data

Posted by Benjamin Kim <bb...@gmail.com>.
So, basically go back to using relational database techniques. Got it. But, how was the performance?

Cheers,
Ben

Re: Sparse Data

Re: Sparse Data