Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2014/01/16 20:24:43 UTC

Dictionary - en_GB - release it?

Hello!

One week has gone by and only one person replied to the testing e-mail,
with a "+1".

Does this mean I can press the "Publish" button?

Also, every month I update the dictionary with around 200-300 new unique
words (we are only in half of January and the planned February release
already has near 300 new unique words, which means that this month I
worked harder).

Should I update Apache's dictionary every month or only at a certain
pace? I update Mozilla's version every month.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
          -----------------------

Re: Dictionary - en_GB - release it?

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
I think is safe to publish it.
+1

I've test it and seems that is working correctly. Would have been
better to provide at testcase since most of the enhancements can be
tested. But I don't really see a reason to hold this back.

On 1/16/14, Marco A.G.Pinto <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> One week has gone by and only one person replied to the testing e-mail,
> with a "+1".
>
> Does this mean I can press the "Publish" button?
>
> Also, every month I update the dictionary with around 200-300 new unique
> words (we are only in half of January and the planned February release
> already has near 300 new unique words, which means that this month I
> worked harder).
>
> Should I update Apache's dictionary every month or only at a certain
> pace? I update Mozilla's version every month.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
>         >Marco A.G.Pinto
>           -----------------------

Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor
http://www.openoffice.org

Re: Dictionary - en_GB - release it?

Posted by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt>.
Hello Rob,

I am maintaining the "English Dictionaries" which includes all of them,
but I am only improving the en_GB so far.

I was able to improve the en_GB because I grabbed it from Mozilla, and
British English is my second tongue.

I believe all the others that come in the AOO are obfuscated

Maybe someone could do the same for en_US? Grab from Mozilla? Can't the
original en_US creator provide a clean text one?

That way someone could improve it as well using my tool "Proofing Tool
GUI" and then I could add it to the OXT.

PS->I searched for "naïve" and it is in the en_GB dictionary. So, no
problem for British English.

Kind regards,

Re: Dictionary - en_GB - release it?

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.