Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dennis Kavadas <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/01 01:10:00 UTC

Re: How To Kill Spam Dead?

why isn't it useful in a business context ?
there sender gets a challange once ! ...how is that a problem ?

Re: How To Kill Spam Dead?

Posted by Henrik Krohns <he...@hege.li>.
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 09:10:00AM +1000, Dennis Kavadas wrote:
> why isn't it useful in a business context ?
> there sender gets a challange once ! ...how is that a problem ?

If I expect an automated email (e-ticket from airline or something similar),
what will guarantee that it comes through? Who is going to answer the
challenge? Should I whitelist half of internet or look through "trapped"
mail queue for 10000 users every day? :)

-hk

Re: How To Kill Spam Dead?

Posted by Per Jessen <pe...@computer.org>.
Dennis Kavadas wrote:

> why isn't it useful in a business context ?
> there sender gets a challange once ! ...how is that a problem ?

Hi Dennis,

It's not a problem per se, just not very useful.
In a business context, in particular in a non-English speaking country,
the challenge will often cause confusion. Perhaps not for techies, but
e.g. for secretaries, and other non-IT functions.  And most businesses
have more of those than techies.
So a TMDA challenge is often at first a time-waster, and later just
ignored.

/Per Jessen, Zürich