Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Slany <st...@lutris.com> on 2001/07/09 21:46:22 UTC

Multibyte input parameters

Hello all,
    Can someone tell me if there is a way to set up Tomcat to handle
multibyte character parameters, such as specifing the encoding and
having tomcat encode the input parameter on the fly. As of now, I'm
passing in my multibyte request to a BufferedReader along with the
character encoding of the string and then re-reading the string from the
buffer, such as:

             String para = request.getParameter('text');

             BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(
                                                        new
InputStreamReader(
                                                         new
StringBufferInputStream(text), Shift_JIS));

              text = reader.readLine();

Any ideas??

Steve