Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Qian Su <qs...@linkedin.com> on 2007/08/02 21:23:18 UTC

Why my ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table stays empty?

Hi,

We are using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 with journaledJDBCPersistence and our datasource
is MySQL 5.0.29. We have verified that messages can be successfully sent and
consumed whether producers and consumers are concurrently available.
However, one thing I noticed is that ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table seems to never get
populated. Our consumer sessions are configured with 'AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE' in
non-transaction mode.

I did a quick search on ActiveMQ site and can't find information regarding
how this table is meant to be used and when it should be populated.

I would really appreciate any insight in this aspect...
Qian

Re: Why my ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table stays empty?

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 2, 2008, at 12:09 PM, Abu Taha wrote:

> We want to track the consumer applications that which message has been
> consumed by which consumer while we use queues. For this purpose we
> use COA
> and COD in WebshereMQ.
> How can we achive the above required results in ActiveMQ.
>
> James.Strachan wrote:
>>
>> On 8/6/07, Qian Su <qs...@linkedin.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, we are using only queues with persistent messaging, rather than
>>> durable
>>> topic subscriptions since we have only a single consumer per
>>> message.
>>> So,
>>> it is normal to see the ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table empty?
>>
>> Yes - as I said that table is not used for queues, its only used for
>> durable topic subscriptions. For acknowledgement of messages on
>> queues, we delete the message row.
>>
>> --
>> James
>> -------
>> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

You might want to add your own Broker plugin - see http://activemq.apache.org/developing-plugins.html
  - to track the state of which consumer consumed which message
by all means - contribute it back! ;)

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/ -Enterprise Open Integration
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

Re: Why my ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table stays empty?

Posted by Abu Taha <ja...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Qian Su <qs...@linkedin.com>.
Yes, we are using only queues with persistent messaging, rather than durable
topic subscriptions since we have only a single consumer per message.  So,
it is normal to see the ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table empty?

Thanks,
Qian

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
The ACKS table is only used for durable topic subscribers. Are you
using queues by any chance?

On 8/2/07, Qian Su <qs...@linkedin.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 with journaledJDBCPersistence and our datasource
> is MySQL 5.0.29. We have verified that messages can be successfully sent and
> consumed whether producers and consumers are concurrently available.
> However, one thing I noticed is that ACTIVEMQ_ACKS table seems to never get
> populated. Our consumer sessions are configured with 'AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE' in
> non-transaction mode.
>
> I did a quick search on ActiveMQ site and can't find information regarding
> how this table is meant to be used and when it should be populated.
>
> I would really appreciate any insight in this aspect...
> Qian

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/