Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2005/09/26 21:28:39 UTC

[ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.92 Released

You can download the release from:

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/download.cgi

    What's in this release?

This release includes the following features:

    * Complete XML infoset support for AXIOM
    * AXIOM, a SOAP specific streaming XML infoset model for SOAP
      1.1/1.2 messages
    * Support for one-way messaging and request response messaging
    * Modules, mechanism to extend the SOAP processing model
    * Archives based deployment model
    * WSDL2Java code generation tool for stub and skeltons
    * XML Beans based data binding support
    * Support for WS-Addressing, both the submission and final versions
    * Client API
    * REST web service support
    * HTTP transport support
    * SMTP transport support
    * TCP transport support
    * MTOM/SWA attachments support
    * SAAJ implementation
    * WS-Security support using WSS4J
    * Support for context hierarchy serialization
    * and numerous bug fixes after 0.91 release

The release include following tools

   1. Admin Web App
   2. WSDL2Java, eclipse Plugin/Command line version
   3. Service Archive Wizard, eclipse Plugin
   4. Module Archive Wizard, eclipse Plugin
   5. Service Archive Wizard, IntelliJ IDEA Plugin

    What's still to do?

Please see a list of what we think needs doing - and please consider
helping out if you're interested & able!

    * SOAP 1.1 and 1.2 validation
    * JAX-RPC 1.1/2.0 compliance
    * Implementation of other transports. e.g. JMS..
    * WSDL Generation
    * Axis2 Databinding implementation

Axis2 is taking shape, this 0.92 release is a glimpse of 1.0 that should
be comming soon. If you happen to have vision of how the next generation
of the Web Service should be, and like to contribute to Apache Axis2
please help us to shape the Apache Axis2. Any contribution in the form
of Coding, testing, submiting improvements to the documentation, and
reporting bugs are always welcome.

Thanks for your interest in Axis2!

-- The Axis Development Team

Re: [ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.92 Released

Posted by Manoj Mallawaarachchie <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eran,Sanjiva and all,

Any Idea for soap encoding.?

[New Idea] Another idea for talking devices through web services, and invoke
there services on demand, for example (some thing I thought) the heat sensor
can have a web service clinet/server can invoke AC web service which
responsible for controling the heat. But we have to think about
Transports.???
probably IR and bluetooth can do some thing.

Hope this help for embeded web servcie world.
Any comments???

BR,
Manoj

--
use the FORCE read the SOURCE
www.linux.lk <http://www.linux.lk>

Re: [ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.92 Released

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 to support 2.3 servlet spec.

thanks,
dims

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: [ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.92 Released

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 15:28 +0100, Steve Loughran wrote:
> I've just rolled back to 0.91. I can take the service.xml ->
> services.xml, and can handle changes to my endpoint setup to deal with
> service groups. But adopting jetty5 introduces too many changes for me
> to handle this week,

I'm confused by the jetty5 comment .. ??

Sanjiva.

Re: [ANN] [Axis2] Axis2 0.92 Released

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.