Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Zhihua Che <zh...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/26 10:21:54 UTC

Is it possible to run qpid-0.14 c++ broker with lower 0-9 amqp specification?

Hi,

     I've installed a qpid-0.14 C++ broker and it works well? I wonder
if it's ok to run this broker with 0-9 amqp specifications?
     I found this statement in doc

The python and ruby clients will also support all versions, but the
API is dynamically driven by the specification used and so differs
between versions. To work with the Java broker you must use 0-8 or
0-9, to work with the C++ broker you must use 0-10.

    Does it mean I have to install java broker instead to use amqp 0-9?

Thanks

Re: Is it possible to run qpid-0.14 c++ broker with lower 0-9 amqp specification?

Posted by Zhihua Che <zh...@gmail.com>.
在 2012年4月27日 下午5:02,Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com> 写道:
> That is a SASL negotiation failure... SASL is used to negotiate the
> authentication mechanism used by the client (e.g. plain text
> passwords).
>
> By default the Java Broker requires a plain text username/password and
> the default configuration should have an account with username
> "guest", password "guest".
>
> Are you providing a username/password when you try to connect?

Yes, you're right, I missed this and it works after
{username:guest,password:guest} is added:-(

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhihua Che <zh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhihua Che <zh...@gmail.com>.