Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2015/12/03 22:24:01 UTC

[DISCUSS] Next release from the 0.8 line - 0.8.2

More than 50 jiras have been added since the last release from the 0.8 line
(0.8.1-alpha). More importantly, this branch has gotten quite a bit of
testing, especially while running against Hive 2.0 and LLAP.
At this point, I think we can drop the alpha monicker from the release -
and mark it for public consumption. The APIs for pluggable services can be
called out as unstable in the release notes.

Thanks
- Sid

Re: [DISCUSS] Next release from the 0.8 line - 0.8.2

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
I'd like to create the RC early next week - ideally Monday. The following
issues are still pending, which are either patch available or trivial fixes.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20TEZ%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22)%20AND%20%22Target%20Version%2Fs%22%20%3D%200.8.2

Once these go in, I'll create an RC.

Thanks
- Sid

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.