Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Emilio Arce <ea...@dataware.com> on 2000/09/28 18:08:23 UTC

Using FOP 0_14_0 with Cocoon 1.8

I'm trying to transform XML to PDF. Some of my XML docs have images, and
apparently FOP 0_13 can't handle them
(i used fo:external-graphic). When running FOP_0_14_0 from command line I do
get the images into the pdf document.
So, I tried to use FOP_0_14_0 with Cocoon 1.8 but this the error I'm
getting:

java.lang.NullPointerException

	at
org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.startElement(FOTreeBuilder.java:266)

	at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.buildFOTree(Driver.java:325)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.formatter.FO2PDFFormatter.format(FO2PDFFormatter.java:85)

	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:375)

	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:588)

	at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:317)

	at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)

	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas?

Thanks
Emilio

Re: Using FOP 0_14_0 with Cocoon 1.8

Posted by Frederic Alluin <fr...@webmedia.es>.
an example:
 <fo:table-cell>
       <fo:block text-align="start">
        <fo:inline-graphic align="start"
href="http://HOSTNAME/website/htdocs/img/im1.jpg"/>
       </fo:block>
      </fo:table-cell>

:-)
Fred

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> I'm trying to transform XML to PDF. Some of my XML docs have images, and
apparently FOP 0_13 can't handle them
> (i used fo:external-graphic).

Ups... hit the wrong button :)

RE: Using FOP 0_14_0 with Cocoon 1.8

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
>I'm trying to transform XML to PDF. Some of my XML docs have images,
>and apparently FOP 0_13 can't handle them
>(i used fo:external-graphic).

Images in PDFs work since FOP 0_13. We use it, too.
Look in the FAQ. I guess it has found it way into it.
--
Torsten