Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cpanon <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/24 21:31:14 UTC

ajax tomcat caching

Hello
I trying to access an running webapp that itself works fine.  I can see the
results of the app within the output of my IDE when I just run the app
separately.  Problem is I am trying to test an ajax app and when I execute
the XMLHttpRequest.send(query) after proper setup with a known parameter I
see the app just re-executing the same page with same parameter that it had;
not the one in my ajax call.  It is as if my XMLHttpRequest.send() was just
executing a refresh.  Obviously I then dont get anything aback.  I have
tried from a different browser window. This is not exotic, just self testing
an ajax app against a localhost webapp.  Ideas?  tia.

Re: ajax tomcat caching

Posted by cpanon <cp...@yahoo.com>.
Hello
Update
There seems to be another set of outputs.  If I do not run the web first and
just start it and then run my ajax app, I execute the call to the webapp,
but there is no parameter, even though I check both
XMLHttpRequest.open(a,b,c) and XMLHttpRequest.send(query).  This is a check
right before, I know it the proper url.  This sort of explains the initial
problem cited below, but not how I loose the parameter.  Ideas2? Thanks.