Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "F. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com> on 2003/04/01 14:27:10 UTC

Using another Component within another one

Hi all,

If I got:
Border.(jwc & html & java)
Login.(html & page & java)
Both defined in the .application

Can I gain access to Login, *within the Border.html* by using
Or is this too simple a thought?

TIA
Fermin DCG

Re: Using another Component within another one

Posted by "F.R. Da Costa Gomez" <dc...@fixed.com>.
I understand what you're suggesting and it can certainly be done.
Basically I was trying *not* to introduce another component with common
aspects.
Since I feel *less is more* I was looking for a way to utilize something
(like Login.page, that already worked on its own) in another setting
where life could be made easier by using just a little part of a
independent logical whole. (forget about the fact that I put it into the

Or should I make a clear distinction between visual (.page) and
non-visual (.jwc) components. Whereby .jwc can be used within .page but
not vise versa (nor .page within .page)?
This is assuming one is just trying to gain access to non-visual stuff
(i.e. calc this or verify that)
If the above is a completely wrong approach to applying Tapestry that's
fine (it was just a thought).

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.

http://www.opera.com/m2/