Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/16 13:08:51 UTC

Wait/Notify State in a Cluster

Hi Guys,

I've noticed the upcoming version has wait/notify set of processors (great
write ups by Koji, avain). Does it support clustered state, though? Planned
maybe? For high throughput scenarios, is it possible to switch it out to
algernative implementations if e.g. default relies on a ZK?

Thanks in adcance!
Andrew

Re: Wait/Notify State in a Cluster

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Andrew,

With state management, only the processor that stored the state can read
it. So Wait wouldn't be able to see what Notify wrote.

For that reason they use distributed map cache to communicate.

-Bryan

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile