Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/08 00:12:38 UTC

Re: Many Input xml for one html output.

On 12/7/06, Chun Ji <CJ...@pro-unlimited.com> wrote:
> I try to use the <xslt> to do a transformation. I have several input XML files, and want to create only one output HTML file. Does someone know how to do it? I am using ant 1.6.5 on linux.

You cannot. You need to create a small XML document that lists the
file you want to process, and modify your XSL to process each "file"
entry of this small document, after loading the file with the
document() XSL function.

As far as Ant is concerned, there's always one input XML, one XSL, and
one output file. The XSL might load more XML files using document(),
and output more files using result-document() in XSL 2.0 or a
processor-specific extension in XSL 1.0, but Ant doesn't know that.

This is more of an XSL question than an Ant question ;-)  Good luck, --DD