Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Fuller, Alex" <Al...@Lodestarcorp.com> on 2004/03/24 22:41:49 UTC

Grammar Caching and XMLErrorHandlers

Hi All,
   I've been working on using grammar caching code a little different
than the example code shows.  I haven't come across this in the
archives, so I thought I'd see if I'm just not using the objects as
intended.  I'm running Xerces 2.4.0.

Here's the sample code:

public SchemaValidator(String uri) throws InitializationException
{
    this.parserConfig = new XMLGrammarCachingConfiguration();
    this.parserConfig.setErrorHandler(this);

    this.parserConfig.parseGrammar(XMLGrammarDescription.XML_SCHEMA,
        new XMLInputSource(null, uri, null));

    this.parser = new SAXParser(this.parserConfig);
    try
    {
        // Don't know if I still have to set these
        this.parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation",
true);

this.parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema
", true);
    }
    catch (SAXException e)
    {
        throw new InitializationException(e);
    }

}

My problem is that when the schema cannot be found or there is a problem

[Warning] TransCollection.xsd:6:77: src-import.0: Failed to read
imported schema document 'schema_file.xsd'.

The error is supposed to happen, but I was hoping to trap it.  Any
ideas?  Does the ErrorHandler not apply here?  When I try to set the
error handler as a property, it throws an exception.

Thanks,
Alex