Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2006/10/25 00:00:40 UTC

[ANN] Maven DOCCK Plugin 1.0-beta-1 for Maven 2 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven DOCCK
Plugin, version 1.0-beta-1

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/

You can run mvn -U to get the latest version of the plugin, or specify
the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-docck-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-beta-1</version>
</plugin>

This is the first release of this plugin.

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven DOCCK Plugin 1.0-beta-1 for Maven 2 Released

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
DOCCK = Maven Document Check

As seen on the page: "This plugin checks that a project complies with
the Plugin Documentation Standard."

Link to Plugin Doc Standard:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-documentation.html

Link to DOCCK FAQ:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/faq.html

Where did the standard came from?
The plugin documentation standard was created to address the frequent
complaint of lack of documentation, specifically on the maven plugins.
The standard was based on suggestions made on the maven dev mailing
list with some refinements. It is a community consensus of what basic
documentation a maven plugin should have.

[top]

Why do we need a documentation standard?
The standard is not a set of rules but a guide to help plugin
developers document their plugins better, for the benefit of the users
of the plugin. The standard also reminds the plugin developers of the
important details that needs to be documented, to help speed up the
adoption of the plugin.

Wayne

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 26 Oct 06, at 2:43 PM 26 Oct 06, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Actually it was in SVN already. The site just needs to be
> published. Should I go ahead and do that?

Go for it!

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

Vincent Siveton wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> Could you please update the http://maven.apache.org/plugins/ page?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Vincent
>
> 2006/10/24, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>:
>> The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven DOCCK
>> Plugin, version 1.0-beta-1
>>
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/
>>
>> You can run mvn -U to get the latest version of the plugin, or specify
>> the version in your project's plugin configuration:
>>
>> <plugin>
>>  <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>  <artifactId>maven-docck-plugin</artifactId>
>>  <version>1.0-beta-1</version>
>> </plugin>
>>
>> This is the first release of this plugin.
>>
>> Enjoy,
>>
>> -The Maven team

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [ANN] Maven DOCCK Plugin 1.0-beta-1 for Maven 2 Released

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,