Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Emily Schepisi <em...@dayblink.com.INVALID> on 2022/05/02 16:03:56 UTC

Kafka Question

Hello,

I have a question about Kafka. If I put an upper and lower control limit on
the data, and the log records an event where the upper or lower control
limit is breached, will Kafka be able to send a notification via email or
text message to the user?

Example: I'm tracking the daily temperature and set the upper control limit
at 80 degrees and the lower control limit at 50 degrees. The event log on
Kafka recorded the temperature on Monday at 90 degrees, so it's higher than
the upper control limit. Does Kafka have the capability to send a text
message or email to let me know that the temperature is outside of the
control limit?

Thank you,

Emily

Re: Kafka Question

Posted by Robin Moffatt <ro...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Kafka itself includes Kafka Streams (
https://kafka.apache.org/31/documentation/streams/), so you can do this
processing in Kafka. There's a Filter transformation that would be a good
place to start:
https://kafka.apache.org/31/documentation/streams/developer-guide/dsl-api.html#stateless-transformations

--

Robin Moffatt | Principal Developer Advocate | robin@confluent.io | @rmoff