Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/13 23:14:33 UTC

Failure in SimpleApp.java which is part of derbyall suite

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen following failure on trunk when
running derbyall suite?
**** Start SubSuite: derbyall:simpledemo jdk1.6.0 2014-05-07 17:21:18 ****
Framework: No special framework.
*** Start: SimpleApp jdk1.6.0 derbyall:simpledemo 2014-05-07 17:21:18 ***
2 del
< Connected to and created database derbyDB
3 del
< Created table location
4 del
< Inserted 1956 Webster
5 del
< Inserted 1910 Union
6 del
< Updated 1956 Webster to 180 Grand
7 del
< Updated 180 Grand to 300 Lakeshore
8 del
< Verified the rows
9 del
< Dropped table location
10 del
< Committed the transaction
11 del
< Derby shut down normally
11a2,5
Test Failed.
*** End:   SimpleApp jdk1.6.0 derbyall:simpledemo 2014-05-07 17:21:19 ***
**** End SubSuite: derbyall:simpledemo jdk1.6.0 2014-05-07 17:21:19 ****

I first noticed this failure after making changes on my codeline for
DERBY-6337(derbynet.ServerPropertiesTest.ttestSetPortPriority prints
exception java.lang.Exception: DRDA_InvalidReplyTooShort.S:Invalidreply
from network server:Insufficent data. but test passes) and
 running derbyall suite. I tried derbyall on another trunk client without
any changes and noticed the failure in SimpleApp.java there too. There is
no derby.log I guess because Derby engine never started because of missing
driver. Because the problem reproduced with or without my changes, I will
go ahead and commit changes for DERBY-6337 but just wanted to check if
anyone else has seen it in their codelines.

thanks,
Mamta

Re: Failure in SimpleApp.java which is part of derbyall suite

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Knut,

I tried running derbyall with jar files and this time, the test succeeded
with just one small diff as shown below. Looks like all we need to do is to
update the cannon. I am just wondering though that why has this not failed
for others when they run derbyall with jars. I have also updated DERBY-6459
with this info in case if someone else runs into it. Thanks
********* Diff file
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/DerbyNetClient/encodingTests/TestEnc.diff
*** Start: TestEnc jdk1.6.0 DerbyNetClient derbynetclientmats:encodingTests
2014-05-14 19:40:13 ***
derbyTesting.encoding can only be used with jdk15, skipping test
*** End:   TestEnc jdk1.6.0 DerbyNetClient derbynetclientmats:encodingTests
2014-05-14 19:40:13 ***
********* Diff file derbyall/simpledemo/SimpleApp.diff
*** Start: SimpleApp jdk1.6.0 derbyall:simpledemo 2014-05-14 19:43:40 ***
1a2
> connection is jdbc:derby:derbyDB;create=true{user=user1, password=user1}
Test Failed.
*** End:   SimpleApp jdk1.6.0 derbyall:simpledemo 2014-05-14 19:43:45 ***

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Knut,

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.