Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/23 20:43:44 UTC

Re: [math] releasing 2.1 - compatibility breaks, site build failure

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have completed all of the code / doco changes that I see as
> necessary for 2.1.  While preparing an initial RC, I ran into two
> issues, that I want to get consensus on before moving forward.
>
> 1) The clirr report is ugly
> (http://commons.apache.org/math/clirr-report.html)
> I was +1 on all of the breaks, which were all of the form "we got
> the API definitions wrong on 2.0, few users are likely depending on
> these APIs and we are fixing them now."  I just want us all to
> review the full set of compatibility breaks and decide that we can
> release trunk as 2.0 (vs. 3.0 or try to retrofit).
>
> 2) I am still getting this nonsense from pmd with the latest
> commons-parent (I am really sorry, Niall, that I did not get a
> chance to test v. 14 prior to release)

The bizarre thing is I did test with math before releasing
commons-parent-14. Intitally I can reproduce this, but then the
problem seems to go away. I'm going to look into this and try to get
to the bottom of it. Sorry about that.

Niall