Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/05 16:46:05 UTC

Re: 3.0 Milestone Release?

A few thoughts:

1) Yes, I think it would be good to have a milestone release to show
some of the Aries + Java EE 6 stuff.

2) I am concerned about the number of snapshot dependencies and the
time would take to release them all for the milestone.  So we should
start releasing stuff now... but at the same time we should consider
what happens if we can't get everything released in time. That is,
should we consider removing certain components from the release or
releasing the milestone with some snapshot dependencies. In general, I
have no problem with either options. This is a milestone release so it
doesn't have to be perfect.

3) Things that I think we should get done before/for the milestone: a)
make sure the testsuites are running, b) figure out how to deal with
the endorsed libraries in maven.

Jarek

Re: 3.0 Milestone Release?

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.
And we could deliver some documents for 3.0 Milestone such as:
   1. how to build and run the 3.0 M1;
   2. how to deploy Aries Blog sample(Jarek already wrote the instructions)
on 3.0 M1;
   3. how OGSi was integrated with Geronimo;
   4. (if more, please append the list)

Meanwhile, we could start creating the WIKI space for Geronimo 3.0.

Any comments?

Jeff

Re: 3.0 Milestone Release?

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.