Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dave Smith <da...@nbnet.nb.ca> on 2001/12/10 19:08:19 UTC

Multiple concurrent requests are queuing

I'm fairly new to the SOAP environment, Hence there may be an obvious
fix to my problem, but the FAQ's and archives don't appear to address
this situation.
The problem I'm having may just be a misunderstanding of how SOAP or
more specifically the rpcrouter handles multiple concurrent requests.
The issue seems to be the queuing of SOAP requests.  I have a SOAP
client request which takes the SOAP service about 25 seconds to process
and return a response(it returns a big DB result set).  A second
short/quick client request to the Server (for example the addressbook
example) will not return before the first request is complete. It
appears to get caught behind the first request.  Is this simply a
configuration issue.  If not are there any suggestions for a workaround?

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Multiple concurrent requests are queuing

Posted by Dave Smith <da...@nbnet.nb.ca>.
Hi Jared,
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I've tried deploying the service as
Session, Application and even Request.  Each scope type exhibits the
same behaviour.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by Dave Smith <da...@nbnet.nb.ca>.