Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca on 2001/03/13 03:50:36 UTC

Short Licenses

Hi all,

You guys have probably started to notice the appearance of short licenses. This
is entirely OK to use - i.e. it is blessed by the ASF.

Fotis and I felt that nobody would really argue that the short form makes the
source more comprehensible. You can open up a file and immediately get a feel
for what it is about. By now there is also the not inconsequential effect that
when we include source, we probably have about 500K (uncompressed) which is just
license text, using the long form. OK, it might be 300K, it might be 400K, but
it's not trivial.

I guess it would make sense that as committers commit, we all try to modify the
license references.

Thanks.
Arved