Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ke...@aib.ie on 2007/06/07 15:47:00 UTC

Configuration questions

Hi all,

Just two quick configuration questions:

1. In most of the projects I work on there are different sets of
configuration files that are used depending on whether the application
is in various stages of test/production and I'm wondering what the best
way is to handle these in regard to the Maven standard folder structure.
I'm guessing the "src/main/resources" folder is where they should go, but
when I'm running a build through Maven, how do I tell it to include one set
of config file and ignore the rest?

2. When setting up a folder structure of an EAR project containing a WAR,
should the EAR project folder contain the WAR (i.e. as a module) or should
the two projects be at the same folder level?

Many thanks,

Kev

This document is strictly confidential and is intended for use by the addressee unless otherwise indicated.

This email has been scanned by an external email security system.

Allied Irish Banks

AIB and AIB Group are registered business names of Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. is regulated by the Financial Regulator.  Registered Office: Bankcentre, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Tel: + 353 1 6600311; Registered in Ireland: Registered No. 24173

Re: Configuration questions

Posted by Jo Vandermeeren <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/07, Kevin.A.D'Arcy@aib.ie <Ke...@aib.ie> wrote:

> how do I tell it to include one set of config file and ignore the rest?

You can specify separate resource sets for different profiles.

2. When setting up a folder structure of an EAR project containing a WAR,
> should the EAR project folder contain the WAR (i.e. as a module) or should
> the two projects be at the same folder level?

You can put both modules at the same folder level, add the webapp as a
dependency of the ear module, and configure the maven-ear-plugin
configuration.

e.g.
trunk/parent
  - ear module