Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/01/03 17:44:28 UTC

extract_downloads.bat Eye Candy?

The current script for extracting externals relies on Windows Shell functions for extracting the contents of Zip folders into regular directories.  A bonus of the current script is that the Microsoft Windows "copying ..." animation will appear when an extraction runs long enough.  This can be a bit startling, especially on Windows 8.1 where the animation is quite elaborate.

There is no apparent harm to this, so I am giving it a low priority.  I will see if there is any means to control the animation, but I am not in a hurry for this low-frequency portion of the project.

 - Dennis

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 3 January 2015 at 17:44, Dennis E. Hamilton <de...@acm.org>
wrote:

> The current script for extracting externals relies on Windows Shell
> functions for extracting the contents of Zip folders into regular
> directories.  A bonus of the current script is that the Microsoft Windows
> "copying ..." animation will appear when an extraction runs long enough.
> This can be a bit startling, especially on Windows 8.1 where the animation
> is quite elaborate.
>
> There is no apparent harm to this, so I am giving it a low priority.  I
> will see if there is any means to control the animation, but I am not in a
> hurry for this low-frequency portion of the project.

I dont see this a problem, we need to spend time on.....much better use the
same time to write the document you described.

rgds
jan i.