Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <h....@antwebsystems.com> on 2011/08/02 05:38:23 UTC

every web appl has a 'websiteId' in the seed data why?

We are now using the content part of the system more and more and are
wondering why every webapp has its website?

I deleted in webtools the website for accounting and everything seems to
be still working ok.

If there are no good reasons to keep it i would like to suggest to
remove all these websites except for cmssite, WebStore and WebStoreClone
and move these to the demo data.

regards,
Hans

--
http://www.antwebsystems.com :
Quality OFBiz support for competitive rates....

Re: every web appl has a 'websiteId' in the seed data why?

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net>.
I have the same opinion. The website data are useful for theme with
tenant but not on seed data.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas MALIN
Consultant

Re: every web appl has a 'websiteId' in the seed data why?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
The websiteId in the web.xml files was a good information to have... (I mean to know that it can be used from there)

Jacques

From: "Hans Bakker" <ma...@antwebsystems.com>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
in Tenant you would need a property for each tenant.
you can not change the the property default on the fly like you can
using the website.visualThemeSetId to let that happen. So the Themes
selection would not work.
I personally would like to see the visualThemeSetId moved to preferences.
it is good to have the property as default if the website has not been
added.
the WebsiteID in xml is used to find the productstore.
to try this out change the website ID and restart then go to the
ecommerce site.
for the backend the productstore is used also.

Hans Bakker sent the following on 8/2/2011 9:58 AM:

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Ok I did some more study...

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I know you used the web.xml to put in virtual host, but I opted to us
the website entity for the same reason of tenants. this does not effect
the trunk, but would conflict if websites were removed in commits.

I hope what ever your doing take tenants into account.
How ever a Tenant data load would allow for both to exist.
That is where I put my tenant specific stuff.

Hans Bakker sent the following on 8/2/2011 12:19 AM:

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.