Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Hart <BH...@mail.nysed.gov> on 2003/04/16 20:02:42 UTC

Tiles content partially outputing in another tile

I am experiencing an error with a tile's output being partially rendered
in its tile, but then the rest of the output being rendered in another
tile.  The tile is set as a servlet which executes searches against an
Search Engine (Ultraseek).  So the results appear to be flushed after
some records are returned.  For example, the first 15 results may
correctly appear in the tile, but then the next 10, appear in another
tile.  Any suggestions?  I have removed the out.flush() call from the
simpleSearchResults.jsp logic.  But even if this logic were there
shouldn't the contents 'flush' to their tile?

<tiles:insert page="default_layout.jsp" flush="false" >
   <tiles:put name="header"  value="/tiles/header.jsp" />
   <tiles:put name="main"  value="/tiles/simpleSearchResults.jsp" />
  <tiles:put name="footer"  value="/tiles/footer.jsp" />
</tiles:insert>

In the above, the output of simpleSearchResults.jsp is partially
rendered in the area of the layout designated as a 'footer'.

-Brian

Re: Tiles content partially outputing in another tile

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Do you use the latest nightly build ? The previous release has a bug
that have been corrected.

   Cedric