Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dale LaBossiere <dl...@apache.org> on 2017/02/27 03:03:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating release

I’m going to try a modified workflow this time in an attempt to eliminate the duplicate testing effort that occurred between the “release branch” testing during DISCUSS and the
subsequent staged RC validation that occurred during VOTE.  Perform the testing on the staged RC now and you will not have to perform that again as part of the RC VOTE.

Release branch master:release-1.1.0 has been created and release candidate 1.1.0-incubating-RC1 has been created, tagged and staged [4].

Immediately raise any issues on this thread for discussion.  That includes lobbying for any additional JIRAs that should really be addressed in this release.

If no issues are raised within 72 hours, a VOTE for the RC will be called.

See “Testing the Release” in the RM Guide [2] for what needs to be performed.

Volunteers are needed for the following items.  Please help out and take ownership of a JIRA.  Thanks in advance!
    EDGENT-348 Test the Console - the RM guide describes what’s needed.
    EDGENT-349 Test Android

[1] process guide https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/A+guide+to+the+Apache+Edgent+release+process
[2] RM guide https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Release+Manager's+Guide
[3] release process tracking https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT-334
[4] staged RC area https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/edgent/

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating release

Posted by "Susan L. Cline" <ho...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I'll sign up for 349. Testing the console. I believe the Jira numbers are swapped and 349 is the one that tests the console, not 348.

Susan

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
The RC staging script that I created uploaded the src LICENSE file to binaries/LICENSE instead of the binary one.
I’ve updated the staged binaries/LICENSE file [1] (and will fix the script).

The LICENSE in the staged binary bundle is correct so this doesn’t warrant generating a RC2.

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/edgent/1.1.0-incubating/rc1/binaries/LICENSE <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/edgent/1.1.0-incubating/rc1/binaries/LICENSE>

— Dale

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating release

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dm...@gmail.com>.
Yup.

Creating and staging another RC is a pretty trivial / fast thing to do.
It’s many fewer project person cycles compared to everyone testing / verifying the release branch
and then redoing much of that again against the actual staged RC bundles.

— Dale

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net>.
I tested the console using EDGENT-349 for the task.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT-349 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/EDGENT-349>

and everything passed according to the list on our wiki page for the console test:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Testing+the+Console <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Testing+the+Console>

-Susan