Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2008/09/02 05:52:49 UTC

Re: Fixing integration tests and running them against 0.14

On 18/08/2008, at 8:15 AM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> I've been working in the integration tests lately and fixed some of
> the problems
>
> - found a workaround for trunk to work, copying dotnet toolchain to
> M2_HOME/lib NMAVEN-186
> with this workaround most of the integration tests pass
>
> - fixed test compilation in trunk NMAVEN-192
>
> - make integration tests in trunk run against 0.14 NMAVEN-193 and
> NMAVEN-186
> just needs search and replace and a small patch in 0.14
>
> - hit problem with NUnit tests execution, no tests are executed
> NMAVEN-8 (reopened)
>
> If NUnit problem NMAVEN-8 is fixed (waiting for comment from Shane)
> then I can continue testing. Right now all integration tests but the
> ones involving NUnit seem to work against trunk and 0.14.

Unless anyone else is planning to, I can start to take a look at these
over the next few days.

> Also is the convention to require NUnit explicitly listed in the pom
> to run the tests? seems so as the tests need to be annotated with
> NUnit annotations

That would make sense to me - same as junit, etc in Java?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: Fixing integration tests and running them against 0.14

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Ok, I started doing this on a branch and added some notes about my progress.
> Anyone have any thoughts on that approach?
>
> I checked in with Milos about the toolchains. He said the copying to
> M2_HOME/lib is not needed if you have the extension - and it seems that the
> first part of the patch on NMAVEN-147 might be aimed to address that issue.
> Milos also agreed that the change to the configuration proposed there seemed
> to make sense so I'll review that patch again.

it shouldn't be needed ;) but it is for me

i also like the toolchain config

> However, the ITs do run without them (as long as everything is in the path,
> 0.14 style), so I've gone towards getting that combo running first, then add
> the toolchains as an extra layer next for now.

I haven't tried without the toolchain, just copying to M2_HOME/lib

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 23/09/2008, at 1:37 AM, Brett Porter wrote:

> Ok, I started doing this on a branch and added some notes about my
> progress. Anyone have any thoughts on that approach?

It's now possible to run the ITs on trunk against 0.14-incubating-
SNAPSHOT, 0.15-incubating and 0.16-incubating-SNAPSHOT independently.

I'm working on the toolchains again next to be able to easily run the
ITs against a non-default configuration, then I expect to merge it
back to trunk.

- Brett

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>.
if I'm right that's how NMaven works, dlls are copied to the target dir

Posted by James Carpenter <jc...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>.
On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 18/08/2008, at 8:15 AM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>
>> I've been working in the integration tests lately and fixed some of the
>> problems
>>
>> - found a workaround for trunk to work, copying dotnet toolchain to
>> M2_HOME/lib NMAVEN-186
>> with this workaround most of the integration tests pass
>>
>> - fixed test compilation in trunk NMAVEN-192
>>
>> - make integration tests in trunk run against 0.14 NMAVEN-193 and
>> NMAVEN-186
>> just needs search and replace and a small patch in 0.14
>>
>> - hit problem with NUnit tests execution, no tests are executed
>> NMAVEN-8 (reopened)
>>
>> If NUnit problem NMAVEN-8 is fixed (waiting for comment from Shane)
>> then I can continue testing. Right now all integration tests but the
>> ones involving NUnit seem to work against trunk and 0.14.
>
> Unless anyone else is planning to, I can start to take a look at these over
> the next few days.

the details are in NMAVEN-186 with the integration tests that expose the problem

>> Also is the convention to require NUnit explicitly listed in the pom
>> to run the tests? seems so as the tests need to be annotated with
>> NUnit annotations
>
> That would make sense to me - same as junit, etc in Java?

yep