Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/08 11:28:54 UTC

Re: decom of project CNs in ou=groups

Whimsy no longer references LDAP ou=pmc groups  (*)

I emailed the TAC chair (Gavin) about the TAC discrepancies, but I've
not heard what the final resolution is.

S.
(*) except in the script that does basic checks of (asf|pit)-authorization
Those files still use ou=pmc for TAC and Security, so the script has
to allow for it.
Removal will not affect the script.

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.

> On Mar 10, 2019, at 10:26 AM, Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 9, 2019, at 1:16 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 at 02:44, Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you for your work on this, Sebb. I need to go through the threads and make sure all the ’t’s are dotted and all the ‘i’s crossed, but then I’ll start the work to decom that OU.
>>
>> It might be sensible to start by dropping one or two ou=pmc groups
>> (apart from TAC and security) and see if anything breaks or changes.
>>
>> Maybe then empty the OU and leave it a little while before removing it entirely?
>> A missing OU may be handle differently from an empty one (if it can be empty).
>

> I agree. I will follow up on the tac and security groups as well.
>
> -Chris

The time has come.. This is now affecting crowd/confluence integration, so we've begun deleting the legacy groups as needed. I will begin a wholesale removal of the legacy groups today, omitting things like committers and members. Once these are all cleaned up, we will have a new set of problems to sort out, but that's a story for another email.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. If any issues come up, please contact me and/or open an infra jira.

Thanks!

-Chris

Posted by Chris Lambertus <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.