Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Anderson <ze...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 20:31:24 UTC

[users@httpd] unable to add digest authentication to .htaccess

Here's my .htaccess file:

AuthType Digest
AuthName "..."
AuthDigestFile "/path/to/.htdigest"
require valid-user

Here's my .htdigest file:

test:realm:51a7159127025bca529b9d93f062dac7

I generated that with "htdigest -c test.txt realm test" and used
"user" as my password.  Unfortunately, whenever I try to visit the
directory in which this .htaccess file resides I get an error 500
"Internal Server Error" error.  Any ideas?

Also, AuthType Basic works just fine - just not AuthType Digest.