Posted to users@airflow.apache.org by Alex Nastetsky <al...@verve.com> on 2020/01/09 17:48:36 UTC

Starting attempt 2 of 1

My task did not have retries set on it (so I would expect to only try
running it once, with the default retries of 0).
Instead, it retried running the task after it failed... 6 hours after the
first attempt.
Why did it retry? The logs even say there should only be 1 attempt, as it
says "Starting attempt 2 of 1".

RE: Starting attempt 2 of 1

Posted by "Shaw, Damian P. " <da...@credit-suisse.com>.
This often indicates someone manually forced a run, usually via the Web UI by clicking on the task in the task graph and select “Run”.

Under these circumstances the try number is incremented (in this case from 1 to 2) but the max try number is not incremented (in this case 1) so it shows 2 of 1.