Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sam Goldman <sa...@jhu.edu> on 2004/09/03 15:07:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Page not processed by expected Apache 2 module

SETUP:
I have PHP 5.0.1 set up as an Apache 2 module running on OS X 10.3.5.
The PHP5 module loads properly, and I have added the appropriate
"AddHandler"s to httpd.conf. To DirectoryIndex I added index.php.

PROBLEM:
When navigating in a UserDir ( /Users/*/Sites ), unless the URL sent to
httpd explicitly has the .php file extension, the page served is of type
application/x-httpd-php and contains the raw PHP code. This leads me to
believe that the PHP module is not processing the page at all. If the
URL does have .php, all works as expected. If the file is in the
DocumentRoot, all works as expected.

I have removed MultiViews from the UserDir settings, which are as follows:

<Directory /Users/*/Sites>
     AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Indexes
     Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
     <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Limit>
     <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
     </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

I am not very well versed with how Apache works beyond this, but the
question is: why is PHP not processing the request and what can I do or
change to make it. If extra information is needed, please remember I am
not familiar with most terminology in this area.

Thanks for your time,
Sam