Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Yashasree <ya...@tatainfotech.com> on 2001/12/24 12:37:18 UTC

SOAP Action URI -- Once again !!

Hi All

I am using WSDL4J, UDDI4J and Apache SOAP implementation to deploy and
retrieve the web service info from a client.

I am parsing the wsdl file obtained from the UDDI registry using WSDL4J and
getting the binding information. The SOAPActionURI under SOAP:Operation tag
represents the actual Deployed SOAP WebService Name. If SOAPActionURI is
blank, how can I get the SOAP WebService Name ? (According to me this
Service name is diffrent from UDDI Service name...)

And also is it mandatory for a wsdl file to have a value for the SOAP Action
URI, i.e. can the client assume that he/she will always get a web service
name from the soap action uri field?

Thanks in advance
Yash

Yashasree Kulkarni