Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/14 09:14:49 UTC

Fixing the annoying warn messages form log4j

Today, when we run some samples or test cases, we get an annoying log4j
warnings

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils).

I have found a way to fix that, basically by adding a project called
log4j-props inside modules, that has a log4j.properties file only, to be
packaged in a jar file, then make the projects that are seeing the annoying
log4j warning messages to include this dependency as <scope>test</scope>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.sca</groupId>
            <artifactId>tuscany-log4j-props</artifactId>
            <version>1.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

After the changes, you would see something like :

URLBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration (68) : No repository found ,
module will be loaded from classpath
URLBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration (68) : No repository found ,
module will be loaded from classpath

If people are OK with this, please let me know and I can commit this
changes, and we could start adding the dependencies on demand.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Fixing the annoying warn messages form log4j

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Before my changes, we probably were getting the log4j warnings, because it
was trying to output the warning messages :

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (
org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils).

With the proper log4j configuration, then we start getting the proper axis
warning messages

URLBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration (68) : No repository found ,
module will be loaded from classpath
URLBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration (68) : No repository found ,
module will be loaded from classpath

I think we would need to perform Ant's suggestion in order to find the
actual cause of these warning messages and provide the proper configuration.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.