Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Manal gandhi <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/11/27 13:46:18 UTC

Licence for English POS and chunker model

Hi,
What is the licence for the english POS and chunker model available at sourceforge. Can one use them in a commerical application?
I know that this has been asked a couple of times but I haven't found a firm answer. Has there been one?
Appriciate the help.
Regards,Manal

Re: Licence for English POS and chunker model

Posted by Manal gandhi <ma...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Alright.
Thank you for the info.
Manal

     On Tuesday, 9 December 2014 2:18 PM, Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:

 It remains questionable if the corpora on which they were trained on
restrict
the usage of the models. It probably also depends on the jurisdiction
you are in.
The corpora often come with a very restricted license.

On the other hand the model only contains single words, bigrams and
other features
which probably can't even be protected by a copyright of the corpus.

Jörn

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.