Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/14 21:22:25 UTC

[iOS] CDVPlugin method deprecations

They were documented in 2.x, but not in 3.x.
According to the deprecation policy
(http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/DeprecationPolicy), it will be
deprecated in the next release (changes are already in trunk), and
removed in 3.9.0.

If it was a publicly documented API, which it is not, it would have
been removed in 4.0 instead. Unless its a better idea to do this in
4.0?

Yup, some 3rd party plugins still use these methods.

(writing a blog post about this soon)

Re: [iOS] CDVPlugin method deprecations

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Makes sense - no point in landing this early anyway which will create
friction because of "rules". I'll change the removal to 4.0

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.