Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Leo Liang <le...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/12 06:01:11 UTC

how to specify the eclipse code formatter profile

Hi there,

How can I specify the eclipse code formatter profile in POM file, so
that the profile is activated in eclipse project generated by mvn
eclipse:eclipse?

I don't want to import the profile in Eclispe manually. I wish that
everybody check out the code from SCM, and run mvn eclipse:eclipse,
then he/she gets the environment ready.

Re: how to specify the eclipse code formatter profile

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

> On 10/12/07, Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <plugin>
>> <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
>> <version>2.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
> [del]
>> then run 'mvn eclipse:configure-workspace' at your root

> Note this is a SNAPSHOT version of the eclipse plugin, so you will
> need to wait until it is released, point to the SNAPSHOT repository,
> or build it yourself and deploy into your environment.

>From the name of it, eclipse:configure-workspace looks very interesting
(looks like something we have been missing).

Are there online docs available for the SNAPSHOT of
maven-eclipse-plugin?

Thanx!

- Steinar

Re: how to specify the eclipse code formatter profile

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 10/12/07, Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>         <plugin>
>           <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
>           <version>2.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
[del]
> then run 'mvn eclipse:configure-workspace' at your root

Note this is a SNAPSHOT version of the eclipse plugin, so you will
need to wait until it is released, point to the SNAPSHOT repository,
or build it yourself and deploy into your environment.

Cheers

Re: how to specify the eclipse code formatter profile

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
put some thing like this in your root pom sothat you can setup code formater

  <build>
    <pluginManagement>
      <plugins>

        <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
          <configuration>
            <workspace>${basedir}</workspace>
            <wtpversion>1.5</wtpversion>