Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Suram <re...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/20 08:40:08 UTC

Stop words

Hi all,
           My index file field name="this is it", but am trying search,it
would not found

if i hide the <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"  ignoreCase="true"
words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true"/> it will work. then
how can i get the "this is it" with out hide solr.StopFilterFactory ... any
solution

Re: Stop words

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> if i hide the <filter
> class="solr.StopFilterFactory"  ignoreCase="true"
> words="stopwords.txt" enablePositionIncrements="true"/>
> it will work. then
> how can i get the "this is it" with out hide
> solr.StopFilterFactory ... any
> solution

One solution can be using CommonGramsFilterFactory [1] instead of StopFilterFactory.

See recent discussion at http://search-lucene.com/m/Zzxv925XeON1/Stopwords

[1]http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.CommonGramsFilterFactory