Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2010/02/15 18:47:32 UTC

Simple installer for Aries apps

Hi,

To demonstrate the Aries Application modules (in the application top
level module) I've checked in a simple installer based on Felix
FileInstall. The basic instructions which are an evolution of Zoe's
instructions for the blog sample are:

- Install and configure embedded Derby, see here for instructions:
http://db.apache.org/derby/papers/DerbyTut/install_software.html#derby

- Checkout and build Aries including the samples module

- cd samples/blog-sample/blog-assembly/target

- java org.apache.derby.tools.ij blogDB.sql

- java -jar osgi-3.5.0.v20090520.jar -console

- Point your web browser at
http://localhost:8080/org.apache.aries.samples.blog-servlet (it'll
give you a 404)

- cp blog.eba load/blog.eba    (blog.eba is the application)

- Hit http://localhost:8080/org.apache.aries.samples.blog-servlet
again and you'll see blog sample running.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Re: Simple installer for Aries apps

Posted by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org>.