Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 11:30:05 UTC

ChecksumException at LocalFileSytem

Hi,

I'm trying to read the map output on the reduce side LocalFileSytem
class. The map output is on the local file system. The problem with
that, it's because it throws a ChecksumException.

I know that checksums are verified when the file is read, and since,
it throws a ChecksumException, something went wrong. The problem is
that I don't know what's happening. How can I solve this problem?

Pedro

Re: ChecksumException at LocalFileSytem

Posted by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.
I found why. The reason is that I'm reading less bytes in the reduce
side than I should read.
For example, if the file has 14 bytes length raw, 10 bytes are for the
data and 4 bytes for the checksum. I was reading 6 bytes instead of
10.

I hope that this is a good assumption.

--
Pedro