Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sarah Stevens <he...@stevenssoftware.com> on 2003/01/06 18:12:04 UTC

Tomcat 3.3.1 Problem

Hello!

I am having a problem with Tomcat 3.3.1 running with Apache.  I have set
up an xml file named apps-BS.xml under the conf directory as is shown
with the apps-examples.xml file.  However, I am still unable to access
the BS app from a browser.  Basically, I copied the apps-examples.xml
file.....but my XML file text is shown below.  Am I missing something
simple here?

- <webapps>
- <!--
 Setting special properties for /examples
         ( as an example of overriding the defaults )

  -->
- <Context path="/BS" docBase="webapps/BS" debug="0" reloadable="true">
  <SimpleRealm filename="conf/users/BS-users.xml" />
  </Context>
  </webapps>

Thanks,

Sarah

Re: Tomcat 3.3.1 Problem

Posted by Paul Campbell <se...@halcyon.com>.
Should it be apps-BS.xml?

This is what I saw in the docs:
·       Add a <Context> entry in the Tomcat apps.xml configuration file. This approach is described briefly below, and allows you to position the document root of your web application at some point other than the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ directory. Doing this requires the following steps (for Tomcat 3.3):
Adding a new <Context> entry in Tomcat's apps.xml file involves the following steps (for Tomcat 3.3):
·       If the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/apps.xml