Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Abhijit Diwan <ad...@tibco.com> on 2006/07/28 11:44:50 UTC

Dependancy within the modules while generating the site. Help Needed.

Hi all

             I have 2 modules under the main project POM. The directory
structure looks like this

*	JCA15Adapter

		*	pom.xml
		*	AeConnector

			*	Pom.xml

		*	EjbSupport

			*	Pom.xml

Main project pom has dependencyManagement section which is as following

    <dependencyManagement>

        <dependencies>

            <dependency>

                <groupId>com.tibco.ejb</groupId>

                <artifactId>EjbSupport</artifactId>

                <version>${project.version}</version>

            </dependency>

        </dependencies>

    </dependencyManagement>

Now in AeConnector module I have reference to this other module which is
EjbSupport as following

<project>

    <parent>

        <groupId>com.tibco.ejb</groupId>

        <artifactId>JCA15Adapter</artifactId>

        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

    </parent>

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <artifactId>AeConnector</artifactId>

    <packaging>jar</packaging>

    <name>AeConnector API</name>

    <dependencies>

        <dependency>

            <groupId>com.tibco.ejb</groupId>

            <artifactId>EjbSupport</artifactId>

        </dependency>

    </dependencies>

</project>

Pom for EjbSupport looks like this

<project>

    <parent>

        <groupId>com.tibco.ejb</groupId>

        <artifactId>JCA15Adapter</artifactId>

        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

    </parent>

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

    <artifactId>EjbSupport</artifactId>

    <packaging>jar</packaging>

    <name>Support API</name>

</project>

As far as compile phase is considered it goes fine and dependencies
related to EjbSupport module are resolved but when I try to build a site
usin mvn site I always get following error.

[INFO] Building AeConnector API

[INFO]    task-segment: [site]

[INFO]

---

[INFO]

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO]

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:

----------

1) com.tibco.ejb:EjbSupport:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:

      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.tibco.ejb
-DartifactId=EjbSupport

          -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:

        1) com.tibco.ejb:AeConnector:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

        2) com.tibco.ejb:EjbSupport:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

----------

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

  com.tibco.ejb:AeConnector:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:

  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]

[INFO]

I would really appreciate if any one can point the correct way for
setting the dependencies for generating the site?

Thanks a lot

Abhijit