Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2004/01/30 17:54:21 UTC

bug in latest validator-rules.xml ?

Between versions 1.47 and 1.48 of conf/share/validator-rules.xml, the
"javascript" block for validateRequired was removed.  Now when I drop
that file into my webapp, my form which only has required validations
comes up with this as the entirety of its JavaScript block:

<script type="text/javascript" language="Javascript1.1">

<!-- Begin

      var bCancel = false;

     function validateForm(form) {
         if (bCancel)
       return true;
         else
        return true;
    }

//End -->
</script>

When I use 1.47, I get the normal behavior.  This form only has
required validations, so I'm assuming it's related to the removal of
the javascript for validateRequired, which is the change between
these versions.

Is there something I'm supposed to know to switch to the latest
version of validator-rules?   I'm using commons-validator-1.1.1.jar
and the Struts nightlies from sometime in the last week.  Do I need a
newer commons-validator?

I'll file a bug if it's a bug, but I thought I'd ask if there was
some documentation that I'd missed before doing that.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: bug in latest validator-rules.xml ?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 11:54 AM -0600 1/30/04, Matt Bathje wrote:
>Joe - this is working fine for me with the 1/13/2004 nightly build. I have
>tried with commons-validator-1.1.1.jar and with whatever version the
>commons-validator.jar in the 1/13 nightly build of struts is.
>
>Validation worked right out of the box - all I did to "install" the nightly
>build was copy over the jar, tld and xml files from the zip file.
>
>Based on that it seems like if there is a bug, it is in struts and probably
>in the newer nightly builds. (Doesn't seem like it would be in
>validator-rules.xml itself though, that hasn't been updated since december)

Nah, the bug was in my commons-validator-1.1.1.jar  Somehow I got a
version which didn't have the javascript in it.

Thanks for providing a "worksforme" though; it helped me look harder
at my own install.

Joe