Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com> on 2005/06/29 19:53:43 UTC

Re: general Digest of: get.11537

Hi, Stefan.

----- Message from Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on Tue, 28 Jun 2005
20:26:51 +0200 -----
> >      within which to run a test.  When the smoketest is run by the
> >      Gump build, my patch simply copies through the existing
> >      bootclasspath setting using the value of the
> >      sun.boot.class.path property.
>
> If you look into Ant's CVS HEAD code, you'll see that bootclasspath
> handling in CommandlineJava has become more sensible.  I.e. it will
> now create -bootclasspath arguments correctly.
>
> >      Does your comment about Ant "ignoring all other classpath
> >      settings" apply to the classpathref and bootclasspath
> >      attributes we've specified on our custom task?
>
> No, but to CommandlineJava.  When you create the command line,
> build.sysclasspath makes CommandlineJava ignore your refs.
>
> >      If so, that's not the behaviour we're seeing.
>
> Are you creating bootclasspath settings directly (i.e. create the args
> yourself)?

     Yes, our custom ant task creates -Xbootclasspath option using
CommandlineJava.createJvmArg().setValue(String).  I see that there is a
CommandlineJava.createBootclasspath(Project) method since Ant 1.6, and I
take it that that is the method that we ought to be using.

     Thanks for all of your help in debugging this failure!

Thanks,

Henry