Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/08 03:27:53 UTC

Removing the kamon code from ServiceComb-Pack Alpha Server

Hi,

Last year we add the Kamon[1] for the measure the performance of Alpha
Server, but unfortunately we barely use it because we cannot get a
full latency picture of it.
As we are introduce fsm which is base on Akka into ServiceComb-Pack,
it's time to think about removing the Kamon code to avoid the
conflicts of Akka library.

Any thoughts?

[1]https://kamon.io/

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Removing the kamon code from ServiceComb-Pack Alpha Server

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, we can move it.
Please feel free to send PR for it.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I think we can switch to this framework.
Do you mind create JIRA for it?

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Zhang Lei <zh...@boco.com.cn>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
FYI, the removing work is done with this JIRA[1]

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCB-1440

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by zhang_lei <zh...@boco.com.cn>.
+1I agree with you
-------- 原始信息 --------由: Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 日期: 2019/8/8  11:27  (GMT+08:00) 收件人: dev <de...@servicecomb.apache.org> 主题: Removing the kamon code from ServiceComb-Pack Alpha Server Hi,Last year we add the Kamon[1] for the measure the performance of AlphaServer, but unfortunately we barely use it because we cannot get afull latency picture of it.As we are introduce fsm which is base on Akka into ServiceComb-Pack,it's time to think about removing the Kamon code to avoid theconflicts of Akka library.Any thoughts?[1]https://kamon.io/Willem JiangTwitter: willemjiangWeibo: 姜宁willem