Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2000/10/29 10:35:32 UTC

[query] Cocoon Web Hosting

Hi cocooners,

I've been queried for some time about a list of people that provide web
hosting capabilities with room for Cocoon. At ApacheCON there was also a
talk (that unfortunately I couldn't attend) about secure hosting
environments for ISPs and used Cocoon and XSP directly as best example
of usage.

So, thanks to a suggestion that I welcome, I would like to start a page
in the Cocoon documentation (hopefully in a database in the future :)
about web hosting companies that are Cocoon-friendly or Cocoon-powered.

So, please, if you are a hosting company, if you use one already or if
you know one that has such capabilities, email the list and copy me on
it sending the URL.

Why on public lists? well, screening. If you are a web hosting service
that is "not yet ready to go with Cocoon but seriously plan to do so in
the future", keep quiet or your'll not attach a good image to your
service.

The list will be ordered alphabetically and your name will be placed on
the side as proponent: this should filter out things like "I heard that
xxx does it" and the like.

Of course, this project will *NOT* and cannot possibly guarantee the
quality of the service provided, but at least people have a place to
start if they don't have their own web site at home or in the office....
I also hope to tickle ISPs in order to provide more support for Cocoon
and the like in order to evangelize XML to their other clients as well
and make the cocoon user base grow.

If you have any problems with this, just say so.

Thanks.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

RE: [query] Cocoon Web Hosting

Posted by Peter Jacobs <pe...@advalvas.be>.
it's a bit lame to claim that my ISP has cocoon support without actually
showing it so I put one of my tests online:

http://www.mediamagie.com/cocoondemo/
caching is off

So this website is hosted at http://aoindustries.com (Level 1)

Peter Jacobs

Posted by Peter Jacobs <pe...@advalvas.be>.
hello all,

here is a provider with Cocoon 1.8:

http://www.aoindustries.com

I have a subscription with them since september. I am only experimenting
with Cocoon for the moment so I can't show a site yet.

you can find all information (more than I can tell) at

directories:
http://www.aoindustries.com/servlet/com.aoindustries.website.clientdoc.Direc
toryStructure

installed packages:
http://www.aoindustries.com/servlet/com.aoindustries.website.Technologies

FOP version: 0.14  :-(

They are very responsive and helpful with UNIX newbies like me..

kind regards,
Peter Jacobs
freelance educational multimedia developer
E: Peter.jacobs@advalvas.be

Re: [query] Cocoon Web Hosting

Posted by Mark Washeim <es...@canuck.com>.
on 10/29/00 10:35 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:

> Hi cocooners,
>
> I've been queried for some time about a list of people that provide web
> hosting capabilities with room for Cocoon. At ApacheCON there was also a
> talk (that unfortunately I couldn't attend) about secure hosting
> environments for ISPs and used Cocoon and XSP directly as best example
> of usage.
<SNIP>

Canada Connect Corporatoin, a Canadian ISP is using Cocoon (at my
instigation) in house and will offer the service on their virtual domain
hosts. They run apache under Free BSD and Jserv as the servlet engine. To
the best of my knowledge.

I'll double check on a contact person appropriate. The web site is at :
www.canuck.com . . .

--
Mark (Poetaster) Washeim

that await translation.