Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Yongcheng Li <Yo...@sas.com> on 2012/07/27 20:53:22 UTC

Question about heartbeat between HBase masters and Zookeeper

I am testing my multi-master HBase configuration and want to know how HBase master keep its Zookeeper session alive. Does the master (version .94 or later) send heartbeat message to ZooKeeper periodically? If yes, how often does it send the heartbeat message? If not, how does it present the session from expiring?

Thanks!

Yongcheng Li

Re: Question about heartbeat between HBase masters and Zookeeper

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
It's all handled by the zookeeper library, check out their
documentation: http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/

J-D