Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Carlos de Luna Saenz <CL...@mail.scjn.gob.mx> on 2013/05/22 16:41:27 UTC

Network server is taking tooooooo long to respond

I have an application that goes very very fast with emmbeded database, but when it comes to network with no more than 10 users it goes tooo slow, i am using the default "startnetworkserver.bat" on a Windows 2008 server... -h 0.0.0.0 as the only one parameter

Ing. Carlos de Luna Sáenz | Dirección de Sistematización de Tesis - Director de Área |
Dirección General de Tecnologías de la Información | Suprema Corte de Justicia de la Nación
T. +52.55. 4113-1000 ext. 1668 | C: cluna@scjn.gob.mx

RE: Network server is taking tooooooo long to respond

Posted by Carlos de Luna Saenz <CL...@mail.scjn.gob.mx>.
After several tests i realice the following:

My developer machine was on a VM (VirtualBox) when i put the network interface to NAT instead the network adapter the problem dissapear... on other machines i had to disable the Windows firewall and that did it.

Thanks anyway...

The problem was a 5 seconds per query waitting... that is tooooo long even for a networked conection... :D

Ing. Carlos de Luna Sáenz | Dirección de Sistematización de Tesis - Director de Área |

Dirección General de Tecnologías de la Información | Suprema Corte de Justicia de la Nación

T. +52.55. 4113-1000 ext. 1668 | C: cluna@scjn.gob.mx

Embedded connections are quick to create, network ones are not.

Paul French | Technical Architect | Research & Development
Kirona Solutions Limited
Xmbrace Limited
t: +44 (0)1625 585511
e: paul.french@kirona.com